Thursday, April 23, 2009
Star Trek Avatar Contest in PlayStation Home
Following the success of competitions run in Second Life, we are today launching the first avatar competition in PlayStation Home, to celebrate the release of Star Trek and our shiny new Starfleet uniforms, available now in the Threads Store.
See below for all the details....
Paramount Pictures International announces a unique in-world competition in Sony PlayStation Home (SCEE only). In the run up to the highly anticipated worldwide release of STAR TREK on May 8th 2009, Home users are invited to create look-alike avatars for leading characters Kirk, Uhura, and Sulu using the character customization tools and the official Starfleet uniforms now available for free in the Threads Store in PlayStation Home.
Three competition winners, one per best avatar likeness of each character (Kirk, Uhura, and Sulu), will be announced on Friday May 8th 2009 on the Silverscreen blog and the SCEE PlayStation Home forum. Each winner will receive an exclusive Star Trek trophy to display in their virtual apartments in PlayStation Home. On Sunday 10th [UPDATED], there will be a celebration at the STAR TREK Party in Home where all attendees wearing the Starfleet uniforms will have a chance to grab some exclusive STAR TREK gifts.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Collect the STAR TREK Starfleet uniforms now available for free in the Threads Store in PlayStation Home.
2. Create a look-alike avatar for only one of the STAR TREK leading characters Kirk, Uhura, or Sulu using the character customization tools in PlayStation Home. Reference images can be downloaded here
3. Using a digital camera, take three pictures of your avatar on screen: one close-up headshot, one side-on headshot and one full length body shot.
4. Upload your three images to Flickr, tag them "Star Trek Avatar Contest", make sure to fill out the picture descriptions with your PSN ID, and submit them to the following Flickr group. Once approved, they will appear in the group pool and you are officially entered into the competition.
5. Entrants are asked to submit one entry (Kirk, Uhura, or Sulu) by the deadline of 7pm GMT, Friday. May 1st 2009. A winner will be chosen for each character and announced on Friday May 8th 2009 on the Silverscreen blog and the SCEE PlayStation Home forum.
Email – silvercreen [at] theppc.com
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Pictures from the virtual Q&A
So we are just putting the final touches to the video edit of the Star Trek Q&A but in the meantime we thought we would share some images from the event and also close ups of the avatars we created for JJ, Chris and Zach. We again worked with Annie Ok on this project, who provided the grabs from the Q&A and worked creating the talent avatars. A selection of screen grabs are available on Flickr.
Don't forget the entire event is still available to watch through the embedded video on uStream.
Friday, April 17, 2009
NOW SHOWING in Home Cinema - 17th April 2009
Star Trek boldly goes into PlayStation Home
Following our successful campaign for Watchmen, we are back in Home today promoting JJ Abrams' re-working of Star Trek. A franchise close to many hearts in here in the studio, we are thrilled to be exploring new
worlds ways to market movies in virtual worlds.
At 4pm (BST / GMT+1) on April 20th, director J.J. Abrams and stars Chris 'Kirk' Pine and Zachary 'Spock' Quinto will visit Home for an exclusive Q&A with selected press and bloggers from around the world. Following the Q&A, the invited guests will be able to take part in a virtual roundtable within Home, to discuss the movie and answer questions put forward by fans and fellow bloggers through Twitter, uStream and CoverItLive. Both events will be streamed live across the web through an embeddable video player available at http://www.startrekfankit.com/playstationhome/.
The Q&A is part of a number of unique opportunities in Home (SCEE only) ahead of the global release of STAR TREK on May 8th. From today, Home residents will be able to view an exclusive video greeting from Abrams alongside the latest STAR TREK trailer in the Home Theatre. A selection of virtual STAR TREK merchandise e.g. Starfleet Uniforms and T-Shirts, will be available for free in the Threads Store from April 23rd, alongside details of a unique ‘Star Trek in Home Avatar competition’ and the ‘Star Trek Party (in Home)’ where attendees will have the chance to grab some exclusive merchandise and prizes.
We will have more info on both these events next week here on Silverscreen.
Friday, April 10, 2009
NOW SHOWING in Home Cinema - 10th April 2009
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
NOW SHOWING in Home Cinema - 3rd April 2009
New to Home Theatre this week:
Sitting alongside trailers for Star Trek, Public Enemies, Monster vs Aliens and Fast & Furious is Crank 2, ahead of its release this weekend in the US and UK.